Discovering Newcastle’s Hospitality Gems: Unraveling the Best Hotels
Newcastle upon Tyne, a city brimming with history, culture, and a vibrant nightlife, has become a beloved destination for travelers. Nestled on the banks of the River Tyne, this thriving city in northeastern England offers a wealth of captivating attractions, including iconic landmarks, a renowned music scene, and a warm Geordie welcome.
To ensure your visit to Newcastle is truly memorable, we’ve compiled a list of the finest hotels that cater to every traveler’s taste and preference. Join us as we explore the top hotels in Newcastle, UK, where comfort meets charm. Use our booking map below to find your best place to stay in Newcastle!
Best Hotels in Newcastle 2023
- Jesmond Dene House: Nestled in the picturesque Jesmond Dene Park, Jesmond Dene House is an enchanting hotel that seamlessly blends grandeur with contemporary style. Set within a beautiful Edwardian mansion, the hotel boasts elegant rooms and suites adorned with luxurious furnishings. With its Michelin-starred restaurant offering a gastronomic journey, stunning gardens, and a peaceful ambiance, Jesmond Dene House is a true oasis of tranquility.
- Malmaison Newcastle: Situated on the Quayside, Malmaison Newcastle combines sophistication with an industrial-chic aesthetic. Housed in a converted former warehouse, the hotel’s stylish rooms feature exposed brickwork and contemporary decor, creating a unique and inviting atmosphere. The Malmaison Brasserie serves a delectable menu highlighting local flavors, and the vibrant Malbar is the perfect spot for pre-dinner cocktails. Its central location allows easy access to the city’s vibrant nightlife and cultural attractions.
- Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle: Located in a former Edwardian warehouse, Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle boasts a distinct blend of luxury and character. The hotel offers beautifully designed rooms that showcase a mix of contemporary and classic elements, ensuring a comfortable and stylish stay. The hotel’s bistro delights guests with a tempting menu featuring seasonal dishes and an extensive wine list. For wine enthusiasts, the hotel also houses a well-stocked wine cellar for tastings and private events.
- Crowne Plaza Newcastle – Stephenson Quarter: If you seek modern comfort and convenience, the Crowne Plaza Newcastle – Stephenson Quarter is an excellent choice. This contemporary hotel offers spacious rooms with sleek furnishings, plush bedding, and panoramic views of the city. The hotel’s Hawthorns restaurant serves a fusion of international and local cuisine, while the plush Gin Bar provides a cozy atmosphere for relaxation. Its central location near Newcastle Central Station ensures easy access to the city’s attractions.
- The Vermont Hotel: Perched atop Castle Garth, The Vermont Hotel offers a breathtaking panoramic view of the River Tyne and the city skyline. Housed within a stunning Grade II listed building, this elegant hotel combines timeless charm with modern amenities. The luxurious rooms and suites feature opulent decor and ensure a restful stay. The hotel’s Bridge Restaurant serves gourmet cuisine, and the Sky Lounge offers a scenic spot for enjoying cocktails while soaking in the stunning views.
Newcastle’s hotel scene perfectly complements the city’s vibrant and captivating atmosphere. Whether you prefer historical charm, contemporary elegance, or riverside views, the city offers a range of exceptional hotels to suit every traveler’s desires.
From luxurious mansions to converted warehouses, each hotel brings its own unique character, ensuring a comfortable and memorable stay in this vibrant city. So, as you plan your visit to Newcastle, rest assured that these hospitality gems will provide the perfect base for exploring the city’s rich history, cultural treasures, and warm Geordie hospitality.